Things that my mom’s brother’s wife’s aunt thinks it’s okay to say
Sometimes a passing comment. Sometimes grave concern. Sometimes a question. But every single time you meet them, they always have something to say. They also always feel it’s okay to say.
Only if Mom wasn’t staring at me I would have given the passing comment a befitting reply. If only I would have also come up with an instant reply. Leave it to my mind to think of some kickass comebacks and host a comeback soiree hours later when it doesn’t matter.
So, here are some of the statements that fall under “common praises relatives sing” universe!
- 1-2-3-4…I Think you have increased atleast 5 kgs since I saw you a month ago
- Your phone rings a lot no? Work or Boys
- Aww look at you two in love!! It’s all temporary
- That double chin – Tenu suit suit karda!
- Good to know Girls are working at good posts, but khana banana is an important part being a girl, isn’t it?
- You travel for a job? Husband allows?
- Roti round bani kya?
- This dress style you’re wearing suits a more petite body just like my guddi
- Tick tick tick – I can hear your clock ticking
- You’re just perfect, but roti round nahin bani kya?
- Bra Strap chupa lo
- Sit like a lady, Dress like a lady, Talk like a lady……like a lady, …..like a lady.
- Shhhhh, women don’t laugh out loud!!